SIB KNOWLEDGE CENTRE
Through this knowledge center existing Kenyan organizations, networks and companies can be assisted in understanding, promoting and implementing sustainability and inclusiveness.
We believe companies can make the world a better place to live in and can strengthen their business at the same time by integrating people, planet and profit into the core of their business. A healthy, vibrant, fair and responsible business sector is key for both the future of the planet and human progress.
- Creating more awareness and knowledge about the importance and chances of CSR, sustainability and inclusiveness amongst both SMEs and big corporates, so these concepts become self-evident parts of doing business in Kenya and in business relations between Kenyan and international companies.
- Stimulating, initiating, addressing and facilitating dialogue and cooperation for positive impact on people, planet and profit (supercharger of specific, urgent and current issues).
- Bring knowledge, networks, studies, publications, trainings and expertise together and make them accessible for the business community.
- By doing so we empower, support and connect businesses to reduce their footprint and raise their positive impact on society – indirectly and directly Business are connecting with the SDG’s.
Creating more awareness and knowledge about the importance and chances of CSR, sustainability and inclusiveness amongst both SMEs and big corporates, so these concepts become self-evident parts of doing business in Kenya and in business relations between Kenyan and international companies.
Our focus is mainly on already existing companies (SME’s). This is because we believe this is the way to mainstream the way of doing business. We also believe in ambition.
Empowering SME to be (more) sustainable & inclusive and support them on why, what and how.
MVO Nederland inspires, connects and strengthens companies and sectors
to take far-reaching steps in the field of corporate social responsibility (CSR). ‘Changing together’ is our motto.
WHAT IS CSR / Sustainable Inclusive business (activities)?
CSR/SIB means that companies take responsibility for the impact of their business activities on people and the environment. Through CSR/SIB companies try to tackle social and environmental challenges and find new opportunities for products, services or processes.
THE BENEFITS OF CSR
Companies that have carefully embedded CSR in their core business tend to outperform their competitors.
To make sure that this knowledge centre will be locally embedded we are since mid 2015 collaborating with KEPSA Foundation. By the end of 2016 KEPSA foundation will incorporate SIB into their Foundation Structure.
KEPSA is the private sector apex and umbrella body set up in 2003, to bring together business community in a single voice to engage and influence public policy for an enabling business environment. The Kenya Private Sector Alliance (KEPSA) is a limited liability membership organization. With current membership of over 100,000 direct and indirect members organised through Business Membership Organizations and Corporate members, KEPSA is a key player in championing the interests of the Kenyan business community in trade, investment and industrial relations.
KEPSA’s strategic focus is mainly in three areas:
- Conducting high-level advocacy on cross-cutting law and policy-related issues, and ensuring Kenya is globally competitive in doing business
- Coordinating private sector in Kenya through various mechanisms to engage in advocacy that promote economic growth;
- Developing and capacity building of business membership organizations (BMOs) to strengthen them to grow and represent their sectors adequately
The Alliance focusses on six strategic objectives:
- To strengthen the role of private sector as the pillar and engine of economic growth, employment and wealth creation;
- To ensure the formulation and implementation of pro-growth policies that promote Kenya’s competitiveness, encourage domestic and foreign investment, pursue regional, continental and international economic opportunities;
- To promote values of good business ethics and practices, innovation, hard work, goodwill and collective responsibility;
- To promote action-based best practices, CSR, conservation, protection and prudent use of Kenya’s natural resources; ensuring dignified living conditions, quality life, socio-cultural wealth, human development, growth and sustainable development for posterity;
- To promote, coordinate, monitor and evaluate private sector activities in pursuit of an enabling business environment;
- To facilitate harmonized private sector approaches on cross-sectoral issues.